March 25, 2022
What Skills Does a Framer Need?
Framers assemble wall, ceiling and floor frames that help give a building its structure and support.
Building frames help create the layout of the building and provide reinforcement for drywall, bricks and other finishing materials.
What are some of the skills and interests a framer should have to set them up for success?
- Being Active: Framework involves some physical activity and the use of tools like hammers and saws.
- Being Outside: Framers primarily work outside or in outdoor conditions.
- Detail-Oriented: Precision is important in framing work.
- Math & Numbers: Framers use calculations to correctly assemble wall, ceiling and floor frames.
- Teamwork: Framers often work and collaborate with others on a team.
To learn more about careers as a framer, check out our framer career page.