April 21, 2022
What Skills Does a Glazier Need?
Glaziers select, cut and install different types of glass and glass fixtures in buildings.
Glaziers work with windows, glass doors, mirrors and even artistic stained glasses.
What are some of the skills and interests a glazier should have to set them up for success?
- Being Active: Glazier work involves some physical activity and the use of tools like saws and drills.
- Being Creative: Glaziers are design-oriented and use their imagination when it comes to stained glass designs.
- Being Outside: Glaziers primarily work outside or in outdoor conditions.
- Detail-Oriented: Precision is important in glazing.
- Math & Numbers: Glaziers use calculations to measure and cut glass.
- Teamwork: Glaziers often work and collaborate with others on a team.
To learn more about careers as a glazier, check out our glazier career page.