October 6, 2022
What Skills Does a Mason Need?
Masons use bricks, blocks and stones to construct walls, structural supports and even decorative surfaces.
Masonry is typically durable and long-lasting, making this craft a key part in a construction build.
What are some of the skills and interests a mason should have to set them up for success?
- Being Active: Masonry involves some physical activity and the use of trowels and mixing tools.
- Being Creative: Masons are design-oriented and use their imagination to make structures visually appealing.
- Being Outside: Masons primarily work outside or in outdoor conditions.
- Detail-Oriented: Precision is important in masonry.
- Math & Numbers: Masons use calculations to measure and cut materials.
- Teamwork: Masons often work and collaborate with others on a team.
To learn more about careers as a mason, check out our mason career page.